Monday, July 22, 2013

Review of Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula

I walked in to a black beauty shop and purchased a palmer's coconut oil formula. I chose this product as it was solid and I wanted to try something solid. The warmth of the hands melt the product into an oil.

It is my first foray into using coconut oil. I applied it on my scalp for three days. My results? It seems to have kept my dandruff to a minimum. I still have flakes when I rub my hair but nowhere near what I had before. It is kinda hard to remove, and my hair is still oily even after multiple shampoo sessions.

The smell: surprisingly, it did not smell like coconut at all. The smell reminds me of petroleum jelly.

The skin: I have brown skin and it seems to be helping my skin a bit. I like the feeling of the oil. I'm not entirely sure if this product was made for the skin but still. It makes me shine so I can see the appeal of coconut oil to minorities. I did however apply too much one time and pretty much ruined my shirt. Oh well.

The sex: I also used it a as a lubricant. lol. I don't have any rash or anything, so that is a good thing.

The lowdown: It was a fairly cheap product at 3.89 for 180g just to help me get started. The coconut smell is not there and it smells like wax. It's great for the skin. My skin seems somewhat smoother after applying it. I applied it to my face and I have a zit now so I'm not sure if it is because of it. Maybe not the most natural oil that is out on the market.

I'll try to get other products to test.
I got this from an African beauty shop




Glob of Coconut Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment